BALANCE stands for Behavior Analysis Lab: Addressing Needs by Changing Environments
We strive to improve educational outcomes by:
- Providing high-quality behavioral services (including improving social-behavioral and academic outcomes) to K-12 and higher-education students.
- Researching new strategies to promote exceptional educational outcomes, particularly for students who are struggling in educational environments.
- Teaching others about best-practices in education so that all learners can benefit from empirically based learning strategies.
We will improve the lives of students across the nation by developing evidence-based interventions, and putting those interventions in the hands of educators who need them. Our interventions will be based on the principles of behavior and evaluated in a variety of contexts to determine their generality.
What We've Achieved
- Provided behavioral services to over 200 West Virginia students in public, K-12 education.
- Garnered over $2 million in grants and contracts to support our work.
- Won awards for our teaching and service.
- Published over 35 peer-reviewed scientific articles.
- Developed a teacher-training program resulting in teachers becoming Board Certified Behavior Analysts.
- Taught over 50 public-school teachers a variety of behavioral interventions.
- Graduated Master's and PhD level practitioners and scientists.
- Collaborated with individuals from a variety of disciplines.
* former client, unpaid, unsolicited testimonial